Tough loss... I can't believe what happened to me. I was feeling good, ready, confident, appreciated, excited, sharp and focused. Lost by decision. I didn't feel I lost or got beat. I accepted the reality, but didn't decide this comes to me.
Open workout went very well. Thanks a lot for those who were watching my live on Facebook page. I just want to let you know how I am doing during fight week and hope they got what they wanted to see from me. Onnit gears made me so smooth even though I felt a little bit sluggish because of weight cut.The beginning and legend of Japanese mma, Josh Barnett was there and I was glad to meet him. He is such a nice person as he is.
Organized my stuff during fight week. Flight made me feel sluggish and weak, but will do my best for condition. Who expected that we can buy pasture-raised chicken eggs at Narita airport? I got my greens and tons of lemon to cleanse my body and cut last water I have in my body.
I have no idea how good I am right now, but I would say better than last time fighting in Japan. Experience always helps our life.
My last cut was 4pounds, but last few pounds are always sucks... weight cut is never easy and safe. I know, but we all do. I got wrapped and was just patient until sweat came off.
Day before weigh in and the morning of weigh in were hell to me. My brother took this picture. I didn't even recognize it.
All water was out of my body. I was really strive for water before stepping on a scale.Hooters in shinjyuku were packed. People broughttons of energy and I felt I belonged here because have been here last September.
Making 125 is never easy, but made it this time again. Yes, we are all professionals! I made weight and faced off against my opponent. I was ready and hoped he was ready too.
Time for walkout. This song is written and sang for me by Rion Takada. I made promotion video for him a few years ago. He was there for me last night, so I decided to put this song for walkout.
He was really prepared for my style. I got headbut on my left eye and couldn't see well. No matter what, without supporters I couldn't see myself in the cage and how good I am as a Martial artist, so please let me say "thank you" to all of you. I am going to come better, stronger and faster next time.
Thanks for cornering me. Best team when I'm in Japan. I would like to introduce my suponsors for this fight. Please check out their products and service. I was so proud of representing these brands. Thank you for support!
- Aug 31, 2014 Traveled a Unique Path to UFC Debut at Fight Night 50
- Sep 7, 2014 UFC Fight Night 50 Sponsorship
- Nov 24, 2014 UFC Fight Night 59 in Boston
- Jan 1, 2016 Happy New Year 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Legacy Fighting Championship 51
- Jan 18, 2016 Tateki's Fighting Expedition
- Jan 23, 2016 The Total Human Optimization
- Feb 6, 2016 Legacy 51
- Jul 29, 2016 Fight Announcement Pancrase 280
- Sep 11, 2016 Pancrase 280
- Nov 13, 2016 Cats out of the "pads" !
- Dec 26, 2016 Let's Burn Off
- Jan 30, 2017 Fight Announcement Pancrase 285
- Mar 13, 2017 Pancrase 285
- Sep 11, 2017 Shoulder surgery
- Sep 19, 2017 How to Achieve a Lifetime of Sustained Peak Performance