Complete Nutrition with Bits
I would like to introduce a new Teknation partner. ENERGYbits based in Boston MA, which is plant-based bits of food that provide energy endurance for athletics, mental focus, and a convenient healthy snack. Spirulina and chlorella are essential for MMA fighters, especially during weight cutting period.
Made from 100% organicallly grown, NON GMO spirulina algae and loaded with 40 nutrients, ENERGYbits® algae tabs have the highest concentration of protein in the world (64%) all for just one calorie per tab. Spirulina has been endorsed by the United Nations and Olympic gold medalists for decades. Now it's your turn.
What You'll Learn
▪Spirulina contains DHA, a fatty acid that is important for proper brain function. It is used by the frontal lobes in the brain, which are responsible for sustained attention, planning, and problem-solving.
▪A handful of spirulina can help curb hunger, stabilize your blood glucose, and leave you feeling ready to take on the day.
▪Studies show that taking just one gram of tryptophan at bedtime can significantly improve the quality of your sleep. Chlorella algae has 1.24 grams of tryptophan per 100 grams, the highest concentration in any food - almost five times the amount found in turkey!
3 Ways to Conquer Your Resolutions with Algae
No matter the goal, you need to be healthy both physically and mentally. Incorporating algae into your daily routine can vastly improve your mental health and mindset by contributing a wealth of nutrients that your brain may not be getting. Let’s take a closer look at 3 ways algae can help you improve your health, so you can make your life the best year ever!
1. Running Out of Will Power? Spirulina Can Help!
The long-term goals we make at the beginning of the year require a lot of mental energy. It’s easy to fail because we simply don’t have the mental energy to stay focused on them.
Spirulina and chlorella are loaded with nutrients that help fight mental fatigue, including B vitamins, magnesium, nitric oxide, iron, protein, and Omega-3s like DHA. A growing body of evidence suggests that a lack of Omega-3 and other fatty acids contributes to mental health problems, including depression. Researchers found that the frontal lobes, which are responsible for sustained attention, planning, and problem-solving, are particularly responsive to DHA in the brain.
The modern diet lacks any significant amount of DHA, so it’s important to actively seek out food sources containing this fatty acid. The mainstream solution to this issue is currently fish oil supplements. However, our oceans are now so toxic and overfished that most fish oils are low quality and quickly go rancid.
Spirulina is a simple solution to a complex problem. High-quality sources of algae like ENERGYbits are harvested in closely monitored, outdoor tanks that use triple-filtered, fresh mountain spring water. Organic spirulina is a safe, sustainable source of Omega 3 that will help keep your mind sharp and your will powered!
2. Algae Each Day Helps Keep Stress at Bay
New routines are stressful. They throw us out of our comfort zone. Plus, if you can’t get a new routine in motion, you will probably be disappointed, leading to even more stress. That’s why a stable mood is important if you want to set and accomplish new goals. Fortunately, algae can help!
An 8-week study on the effects of algae’s impact on mood showed that taking algae significantly increased quality of life, mood, and attitude. Another study found that spirulina could help prevent crashes caused by low blood glucose. When we aren’t distracted by cravings and fatigue from inadequate nutrition, we have a much easier time sticking to our resolutions. If you’re too tired to get up, you’re not going to go on that run. If you’re too hungry for just a salad at lunch, you’re going to load up on sugar. A handful of spirulina can help curb hunger, stabilize your blood glucose, and leave you feeling ready to take on the day.
3. Starting Every Day Strong with a Good Night’s Sleep
A lack of sleep can disrupt serotonin levelsin the body leading health problems such as a weakened immune system, anxiety, depression, poor concentration, and mood swings. These all impact the likelihood of success (or not) for your New Year’s Resolutions. Fortunately, both spirulina and chlorella algae contain tryptophan, a nutrient that facilitates sleep. Tryptophan is the precursor to melatonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates sleep.
Studies show that taking just one gram of tryptophan at bedtime can significantly improve the quality of your sleep.Chlorella algae has 1.24 grams of tryptophan per 100 grams, the highest concentration in any food - almost five times the amount found in turkey.
Bonus: Just one more reason to get some sleep!
The glymphatic system is a waste-clearance system in humans that flushes toxins out of the brain. Without a well-functioning glymphatic system, your brain may accrue excess beta-amyloid, a toxic protein linked to Alzheimer’s disease. This “toxin-flushing” cannot happen while you are awake – one more reason to get a full night’s rest and chlorella can help you do that!
Starting day with Something Old
Algae was the first life on Earth four billion years ago and has been used as a sustainable food for hundreds of years. In Asia, algae is a multi-billion dollar agricultural crop where it has been revered for fifty years for its health, beauty, athletic benefits. We want you to enjoy these benefits too. In fact, algae is so nutrient dense (40 vitamins and minerals) it can be a whole-food replacement for your daily vitamin, fish oil, protein bars, energy snacks, sports nutrition, and even your greens. Algae may be tiny but it’s mighty. And when you take it, you will be too!
Just remember - not all algae products have the same high quality, purity, and safety as ENERGYbits algae. Be sure to do your research and if you are ready to jump in and purchase a bag just visit www.energybits.com. There's so much to learn about algae and we're here to help you understand all of its benefits and what sets our algae apart from the rest of the market
- Japan 4
- Private 6
- Jul 26, 2015 Rio 1 -Rescued a wild bird-
- Aug 2, 2015 Rio 2 -Fledge?-
- Sep 17, 2015 Rio 3 -Showering Flying Surfing-
- Oct 24, 2015 Rio 4 -Pecking everything-
- Dec 27, 2015 Rio 5 -Lazy Sunday-
- Mar 3, 2016 Rio 6 -Like a Cat-
- Apr 6, 2016 Rio 7 -Dust bath on my head-
- May 19, 2016 Rio 8 -Deep Sleep-
- May 29, 2016 Rio 9 -Nail Salon by Tateki-
- Jul 5, 2016 Rio 10 -Reading with Rio-
- Sep 25, 2016 Rio 11 -Life with Rio-
- Nov 17, 2016 Rio 12 -Cage Free-
- Nov 27, 2016 Rio 13 -Recovery Day-
- Apr 21, 2017 Rio 14 -Hot and Cold-
- Sketch 2
- Aug 31, 2014 Traveled a Unique Path to UFC Debut at Fight Night 50
- Sep 7, 2014 UFC Fight Night 50 Sponsorship
- Nov 24, 2014 UFC Fight Night 59 in Boston
- Jan 19, 2015 UFC Fight Night 59 Sponsorship
- Sep 1, 2015 Muay Thai Program at Fenix BJJ in Lowell
- Nov 8, 2015 Titans XXVI
- Jan 1, 2016 Happy New Year 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Legacy Fighting Championship 51
- Jan 18, 2016 Tateki's Fighting Expedition
- Jan 23, 2016 The Total Human Optimization
- Feb 6, 2016 Legacy 51
- Jul 29, 2016 Fight Announcement Pancrase 280
- Sep 11, 2016 Pancrase 280
- Nov 13, 2016 Cats out of the "pads" !
- Dec 26, 2016 Let's Burn Off
- Jan 30, 2017 Fight Announcement Pancrase 285
- Mar 13, 2017 Pancrase 285
- Sep 11, 2017 Shoulder surgery
- Sep 19, 2017 How to Achieve a Lifetime of Sustained Peak Performance
- Apr 17, 2018 Own the Day, Own Your Life
- May 8, 2018 Fight Announcement Pancrase 297
- Jul 2, 2018 Pancrase 297
- Sep 8, 2018 TB12 VIBRATING PLIABILITY ROLLER
- Oct 6, 2018 Lessons
- Jan 1, 2019 Fight Announcement CES 54
- Jan 20, 2019 CES 54
- Biohacking 2
- Coffee 2
- Injury 8
- Nutrition 2
- Sep 11, 2016 REhydration Process
- Rehabilitation 8
Strength & Conditioning
- Jun 20, 2014 MMA Fight Prep 1
- Jun 21, 2014 MMA Fight Prep 2
- Jun 23, 2014 MMA Fight Prep 3
- Jun 23, 2014 MMA Fight Prep 4
- Jun 24, 2014 MMA Fight Prep 5
- Aug 27, 2014 Hit some Swings
- Feb 10, 2015 No Season for MMA Fighters
- Apr 10, 2015 Random Day of my Training
- May 29, 2015 Dropping a Weight Class
- Feb 21, 2016 Conditioning during Fight Week
- Aug 13, 2016 SFG Level 1 Test
- Supplement 3
- Oct 22, 2018 Short Rib or Vegan Bolognese
- Jun 18, 2018 Meatless Monday
- May 5, 2018 Venison Medley
- Jan 31, 2018 Beef tongue
- Jan 1, 2018 New year 2018
- Dec 25, 2017 Cassoulet
- Nov 20, 2017 Fermented Foods
- Sep 2, 2017 Crépinette
- Jul 16, 2017 Sourdough Bread
- May 7, 2017 Kombucha Challenge
- Apr 28, 2017 Keto Meal Ideas
- Apr 3, 2017 Miracle Noodles
- Jan 31, 2017 Braised lamb belly
- Jan 7, 2017 Venison Steak
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- May 24, 2015 Osso Bucco lamb shank
- May 7, 2015 Paella de Quinoa
- Apr 7, 2015 Gluten Free Challenge 2
- Mar 31, 2015 Gluten Free Challenge
- Mar 17, 2015 Atelierkitchen Zen 2
- Mar 11, 2015 Fegatto di Vittello al burro all'aglio
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- Jun 13, 2013 Chicken with Avocado Pesto
- Apr 1, 2013 Manitas de cerdo guisadas
- Mar 20, 2013 Fiber Madness Marinara Sauce
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco