Rio 7 -Dust bath on my head-
Rio loves to take a dust bath on my head. I felt she landed on my head, so took some pictures. I did a little bit of research on internet and found out that in well-watered areas bathing is most common, in arid ones dusting is more often observed. Frequent dust bathing helps to maintain an optimum amount of oil on the feathers. Excess plumage lipids, including preen oil, are absorbed by the dust and expelled along with dry skin and other debris. Basically, she mess up my hair and clean herself, and makes my head dirty at the same time.
She picks something between my teeth. Well, now she brushes my teeth? I think I am all set for dental floss. You don’t have to do that Rio. lol
Rio found the best place to stay! She loves to sit on BJJ Gi hanged by the window. Rio stays there forever. Does she eventually let me know when it gets dried?
I thought Rio helped me for laundry, but she pooped on it...White dot on blue Gi...sounds not bad..lol I don’t know why she wants to stay on Gi surface. (I’ve never seen her stay on the bar frame of the windown)
Is she helping me washing dishes? No, she doesn't. She fights another bird reflected on a pan cover. I'll wait for her until learn how to help household work. Or should I figure out how to tell her that another bird reflected on the pan cover is herself first?
- Japan 4
- Private 6
- Jul 26, 2015 Rio 1 -Rescued a wild bird-
- Aug 2, 2015 Rio 2 -Fledge?-
- Sep 17, 2015 Rio 3 -Showering Flying Surfing-
- Oct 24, 2015 Rio 4 -Pecking everything-
- Dec 27, 2015 Rio 5 -Lazy Sunday-
- Mar 3, 2016 Rio 6 -Like a Cat-
- Apr 6, 2016 Rio 7 -Dust bath on my head-
- May 19, 2016 Rio 8 -Deep Sleep-
- May 29, 2016 Rio 9 -Nail Salon by Tateki-
- Jul 5, 2016 Rio 10 -Reading with Rio-
- Sep 25, 2016 Rio 11 -Life with Rio-
- Nov 17, 2016 Rio 12 -Cage Free-
- Nov 27, 2016 Rio 13 -Recovery Day-
- Apr 21, 2017 Rio 14 -Hot and Cold-
- Sketch 2