Le Fromage de Tête
The following pictures may contain graphic images that some viewers may find disturbing.
Look at beautiful collagen jelly. Organic healthy pork fat taste sweet and all different kinds of meat give you different texture and flavor in your mouth. French herb made a whole thing elegant.
I love food and cooking, and brought these slices of head cheese to my friend's birthday last week. I'm so glad that he and my friends enjoyed this dish. Most importantly, I ate a whole with gratitude.
OK, so lets see how I made HEAD cheese!
I got a half of a fresh pasture raised organic pork head from a local butcher. It costs only $20! What a good deal ! because I can't afford other pricy organic meat. Yes!! it has more meat than I thought!! Well, what should I do with this?
I have cooked pork feet from the butcher and fresh pork feet didn't smell at all during cooking process. Usually, feet and organ meat smells bad, but the butcher place I go provides very fresh meat.
Rolled it up with face meat. I really appreciate for this opportunity and access to high quality protein source.
This is how I made. Make sure soak a pork head in cold water at least an hour to drain blood out and cook a head bone with hot water until it gets boiled. Once cooking water gets boiled, took a head out and wash it and add celery, carrot, onions and bbouquet garni(French herbs). Make sure that prepare broth at first, so that you can save time.
Took off all face meat from the head. Cheek meat is so tasty and guanciale (Italian salted cheek meat) is my favorite! I know this is grotesque, but you know someone does this for you if you are a meat eater.
Mixed all ears and other meat from face with herbs and salt and peppers. Did you get your onnit yet? Get it now!!! > onnit himarayan salt.
Look at how much extra meat I got!! I really want to make salted cheek meat. Who is ready for carbonara ?
Lol! I made mistake! After I did a little bit of Tetris, I made it soaked in the pod! Well done. Cook the head cheese in broth for 5 hours.
I wish I would have a cheese maker, but a Pyrex container did awesome job. Just leave it in a fridge for 24 hours. All you do is find best wine you want to have for this.
You can make gluten free funny sandwich with leftover head cheese. Just add your faverit veges and balsamic or apple cyder vinegar and EVOO to sliced head cheese and make sandwich with Ezekiel bread! Wow...sounds mouthwatering right now!
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison