Atelierkitchen Zen 3
Sea urchin & egg sauce with Nigari tofu by chef
Grilled Turban with truffle butter by chef
Cobia and fluke nigiri by chef
Romanian carbonara by Tateki
Scallop with turban liver sauce by Tateki
Braised beef rib with tomato and porcini mushroom by Tateki
Lobster and black truffle in dashi soup by chef
Homemade cheese cake by chef's daughter
Sake lees ice cream with dark chocolate and toasted soybean flour by chef
Even though Monday was a heavy snow day, I got something I had to do first right after come back to Boston. I had to pick up Rio (my little sparrow)!! I left Rio with one of my good friends. His whole family took care of her very nice. She is actually well trained by them. They got a dog, so they know how to take care of animals better than me?
Kids made special sushi, which is called "Ehomaki" for me. Ehomaki ("lucky direction roll") is a roll composed of 7 ingredients considered to be lucky. Ehōmaki are often eaten on west in Japan. The typical ingredients include see weed, egg, eel, and shiitake mushrooms. Ehōmaki often include other ingredients too. People usually eat the ehōmaki while facing the direction considered to be auspicious that year. I am from Tokyo, so I'm not familiar with Ehomaki.
My friend's wife is like a professional animal trainer! She gloved Rio in her hand and Rio was screaming....when I saw that, couldn't close my mouth.
After she captured Rio, she kissed Rio's head and touch softly body. I had no idea what was going on, but after she released Rio, Rio came back to her shoulder and looked totally fine. I thought Rio didn't like what she did to Rio, but Rio didn't like her at all.
In a meanwhile, a dog was so jealous about how Rio was treated, but she was controlled dog with her legs and calm the dog down. These are happening at same time!! I wish I could be more friendly to animals like her.
Anyway, I would thank the family for taking care of Rio well. My friend, who is a chef, opened a special wine for me, so we enjoyed wine dinner. The chef cooked and I cooked together. This is Tatekitchen at Atriekitchen!
I am not professional at all, but the chef listened to my opinions for tasting at that night. We love to talk about food, sake, and wine. He actually will change some ingredients and menu for his business because of my opinion. By the way, my Ehomaki sushi was the first time in my life. Not in Japan, but US?
By the time my last fight was over, I had left my wine glass for the chef, so no alcohol for me. That was amazing night with my people and real friends. How do you guys like our collaboration between Atriekitchen and Tatekitchen?
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Jan 31, 2019 Faisan rôti