Braised lamb belly
Birthday Full course is right here! Even though it was a busy weekend, but I made it with my appreciation.
For an appetizer, I made my favorite roasted winter root vegetable plate. I love a salad like this; ones that can be considered a salad and a side dish. It is great for the first plate because we can eat it both warm and cold.
The first plate was pasta Pescatore, which is simply pasta topped with mixed seafood tomato sauce. The seafood within the sauce may change depending on what is fresh that day, but generally, there are at least 4 or 5 different types of seafood within the sauce. Who doesn't adore freshly made in-house pasta and local farm fresh veggies?
The main dish was braised lamb belly, which is rubbed with fresh herbs before braised until tender then crisped. While super easy to make, it does take some time although I definitely think it is worth it especially for special occasions.
A process I did for this dish was that lightly salted the lamb belly and rested it at room temperature for 1 hour. In a baking pan, I combined duck fat and lamb fat (trimmed from other parts) with garlic, shallots and thyme Added the marinated lamb belly to the pan and put in an oven. Cooked it with 200F for about 8 hours. A lot of the fat is cooked out in the browning process here but in an ideal world you'd make the dish the day before, put it in the fridge and skim off any remaining fat when it was cold. Or just blot the surface with some kitchen roll.
This dark, rich Fit Vine, Cabernet Sauvignon has met its match in this Lamb Belly. The ripe and pure dark fruit flavors are complimented wonderfully by the savory spiced lamb and toffee glazed mushroom. Delicious!
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Jan 31, 2019 Faisan rôti