- 3.5 oz of pasta
- olive oil 2 table spoon
- 1 piece of garlic
- 2 oz of Panchetta or Guanciale
- quater cut of Cabocha pumpkin
- a little bit of heavy cream
- a half cup of white wine
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tbs of grated pecorino romano cheese
- Black pepper
1: Wrap pumpkin in cellphane and put it in the microwave untill it gets soft enough to cut. Then, cut and keep the amount you want, and get rid of peel and seeds.
2: Cut pumpkin into small pieces and boil them with a small amount of water. Keep boiling untill getting thick. Then, puree them and add a little bit of heavy cream. Pumpkin paste is done!
3: Cut panchetta into 0.2 width piece. Put eggs in a bowl and beat eggs and mix with cheese throughly. You could add black pepper here or later on as topping.
4: When you boil pasta, you should use a big pod and a lot of water. Pasta should be ready at the same time as sauce is cooked. The timing is very important. If you feel difficult, lets get sauce done first, and then mix al dente pasta with its sauce.
5: Add panchetta, olive oil, and crushed garlic into the pan. Then stir fly with low to medium heat. Be carefull of burning garlic. When garlic gets right brown, toss panchetta into the pan. You might not need oil to prepare panchetta if using teflon-lined pan.
6: Cook panchetta until it gets crispy on surface. Then take garlic and extra oil out and flambe panchetta with white wine and make fire! wow!
7: After frambe, add pumpkin paste into the pan. Make sure you have enough water in the pan. It depends on how you want to make sauce. If you have less eggs, you need more water in the pan. If you have more eggs, you can have less water. Add boiled pasta to the sauce and mix them well. As soon as sauce and pasta start boiling, stop the heat.
8. Don't make scrumbled egg here. You have to stop heat first, and then put egg and cheese sauce in the pan. Mix pasta and sauce with spatula well until it gets thicker.
9: Add black pepper and pecorino romano cheese for topping.
Here is my recipe !
I had a great dish last week. This is my original pasta dish, Pumpkin carbonara!
This is super easy. You just add pumpkin paste to carbonara.
I really want you to use real pumpkin! not canned product from supermarket. That would be huge difference.
The secret spice is cinnamon. You can add just a little bit to pumpkin taste. Taste will be more fancy . You gotta love the contrast between saltiness from panchetta and sweetness from pumpkin.
I have been cooking this dish since 18 when i was collage student in Salem, MA. I hope you enjoy my memorial pasta。
Make sure you don't cook it too salty because you got three components for saltiness: salted pork, cheese, and boiled water for pasta.
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Jan 7, 2017 Venison Steak