Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
I already miss these meals I made. We had Beaujolais for 2016 and I personally think this year is the best in my life. Didn't expect anything from young taste, but it was really good.
Well, I am such a well received guy because one of my students gave me fresh venison meat from hunting in western Mass. According to my student, sometimes wild deers are harmful animals in suburb areas and hunters are asked to eliminate those animals.
I haven't had venison before, so very excited to cook and eat it. Venison meat is very lean, so it was very good experience to cook it.
"Gamey" taste was expected, but my dish came out very fresh and elegant flavor. My friends were so happy about my dishes. Gluten free ravioli is hard to make, but I struggled a little bit and finally made them.
Have you had celeriac? This is celery root. I made puree. It is actually a very ugly and gnarled looking light brown bulb-type root which is very bumpy and resembling a large turnip. Celery root has a distinctive taste that can be described as a cross between strong celery and parsley with a nutty twist. It has the texture of potatoes.
Squash is my main staple in season. It contains lots of nutrients and phytochemicals. Butternut squash is one of the most popular winter-squash vegetables. Seeds are a good source of dietary fiber and mono-unsaturated fatty acids that benefit for heart health.
My friend Mike sketched Tatekitchen. We had a wonderful weekend last month. How was your Beaujolais? My game dinner was awesome!
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Jan 7, 2017 Venison Steak