Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- 3/4 cup of Risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons of extra vergine olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2,3 pieces of garlic
- a little bit of italian parsley
- a half cup of white wine
- 6-7 oz of heavy cream
- a half pound of clam
- Half onion
- any kind of mushroom you like
1: Soak clam in cold water for a half day to drain sand out. Chop onion and parsley into small pieces. Cut mushroom into size however you like.
2: Lightly crush the garlic clove and heat with the pure olive oil(1tbs) in a large nonreactive sauté pan with a lid over medium heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, gently shake and tilt the pan so the clove is immersed and sizzling at one side of the pan in a pool of the oil. As the clove starts to turn golden, lay the pan flat on the burner so the oil covers the entire surface. stir fry chopped onion with medium heat for 5-10 mins. Add another 1tbs of oil and cook mushroom.
3: It is important the clams are dry before adding them to the hot oil to avoid splattering. Toss clams into the pan, cook them and flambé ingredients with white wine. Add 1 tbs of butter and put a cover over the pan and steam until clam opens up its shell.(cooking time depends on how big clam is)
4: After clams open up shells, take those out. Keep clams in a different container and add 2 cups of water (clams' stock). Add rice into the pan and cook them with low to medium heat for about 20-30 mins. Make sure that you don't burn rice on the pan. Add clam water little by little while stir frying as you need. Keep about 2 oz of clam water for later.
5: As you taste and if you feel 5 more mins to get done, add 3/4 of heavy cream. Add salt for taste and chopped italian parsley. Reduce risotto into nice and smooth.
6: Serve them onto a plate and put clams over risotto. Add clam water to the pan and deglaze mushroom and onions. Add black pepper, butter and heavy cream you keep and make pan sauce.
7: Put pan sauce over risotto and add parsley for topping
I had been missing white sauce by the time fight was over. Yes! victory taste for me! This amazing risotto brings you to heaven for sure.
I would recommend choosing italian rice for risotto because it is just perfect for risotto dish. You can use any kind of mushroom such as shimeji, shiitake, king oyster mushroom.
Make sure you don't add salt too much at beginning because reducing water and pan sauce little by little. This would be a great first plate.
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison