Opus One 2008
Who says you need to go to a fancy restaurant in a big city to have a memorable wine experience? I had a great time and experience last night. I would say it was the best so far in my life. Guess what? I had a Opus One, which is the most expensive California wine. Didn't expect this happens, but my friend really liked my food and he opened for everybody.
I had a wonderful dinner with my friends who really love wines. They wanted me to cook for them and invited me for dinner. Yes, that was like a private chief.
First of all, their kitchen looks AMAZING! I was in my dream of ideal kitchen I wish I could have one day while cooking, so did my best for the course. All ingredients are homemade and from local. It was unforgettable night. Definitely, I will remind of the night with food and wine I had during next fight camp.
Each course went very well. They have fancy tableware, so I was very excited for topping and enjoyed serving food on those. I made Green Gaspacho again because this is one of my best dishes during summer. They requested me for nice and heavy for their wine, so appetizer was prepared for light start.
Each of pasta is my best for both red and white. I think Squid and sea urchin lemon herb pasta is the best for Pinot Grigio. However, Pinot Grigio I had was red a little bit. It was a bottle of white wine, but my friend explain about its difference in the process of making wine. Sorry I don't remember because it was too busy for cooking. lol
For carbonara, I used duck egg. It was amazingly strong egg flavor and really good on Barolowine. Of course, my homemade guanciale did a great job!
Hey, tek! Ossobucco again?
Come on! I am not a professional chef, so don't expect that I cook different dish all the time. However, this local lamb from Maine was cooked in French broth. Yes, other lamb shanks in Tatekitchen are cooked in Italian broth. I made broth from OX tail this time. Its broth has strong flavor, like a Fond de Veau. After slow cook shanks, I made demigrace sauce with caramelized shallot and grass fed butter. All vegetables for a garnish were slow cooked in oil from guanciale.
Mixed with fun and flavor this experience might want to be taken home because I don't have to worry about how drunk I am, waiters and other customers at restaurant. Oops!! most importantly, how much I spend for that night.
For dessert, I made a guilty free avocado mousse. This was made of raw honey, so processed sugar is not used. Lime juice is a key to balance for sweetness. As you can see, the volume of the dinner is big, so I made it light for dessert.
I hope my scrumptious meals that satisfy their gastronomic cravings went well. Good food, drink, friends and family....what else do we want more?
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison