Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- 5 oz of pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2,3 pieces of garlic
- a little basil
- a half cup of white wine
- 4-6oz of lobster meat
- 1 tbs of oyster sauce
- a half cup of tomato sauce
- a little bit of heavy cream
1: put a lobster into boiling water for 2,3 minutes, so that it would be much easier to take out lobster meat from shell. Drain water out with kitchen paper and lightly salt and pepper to meat.
2: When you boil pasta, you should use a big pod and a lot of water. Pasta should be ready at the same time as sauce is cooked. The timing is very important. If you feel difficult, lets get sauce done first, and then mix al dente pasta with its sauce.
3: Lightly crush the garlic clove and heat with the pure olive oil in a large nonreactive sauté pan with a lid over medium heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, gently shake and tilt the pan so the clove is immersed and sizzling at one side of the pan in a pool of the oil. As the clove starts to turn golden, lay the pan flat on the burner so the oil covers the entire surface. It is important that lobster meats are dry before adding them to the hot oil to avoid splattering.
4: cook lobster with garlic oil until the surface gets dark brown. When the temperature gets to the highest, flambe seafood with white wine and make fire! wow!
5:Add tomato sauce and cook until sauce gets boiled. Once you see the sauce gets mixed well, add oyster sauce then. Seafood must be cooked by then.
6:Right before sauce gets done, add heavy cream and mix them well. Then add boiled pasta to the sauce. The sauce gets slight as cooking and keep pasta getting emulsified. Add salt if you need. Make sure not cooking too much because separation happens to cream.
7:add basil for topping or whatever you want. I used lobster shell for presentation, which makes the dish elegant.
This dish was for July 4th I made.
What kind of sauce do you imagine when you have a lobster dish?
I think tomato cream sauce is very popular and I really like it.
My secret for this dish is oyster sauce. You just add 1 or 2 tbs of oyster sauce, which makes a huge difference.
Many chefs use different cream for respective past dish and I chose heavy cream for regular tomato sauce because lobster is white meat and very protein like taste, and I think heavy cream and oyster sauce make a great harmony to lobster.
My suggestion for right cream users would be that you cook with red hot chili pepper when you sauté lobster and make it spicy. Then use vodka for flambé and add tomato sauce. Right cream would be great for tomato vodka sauce.
If you make broth from lobster shell, that would be great idea and make sure you have no waste. Appreciate for food and enjoy your meal.
Have a nice summer♪
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Jan 31, 2019 Faisan rôti