Manitas de cerdo guisadas
- 1 pound of Pork feet
- 1 whole tomato can: about 16oz
- 1 can of Pink Beans 16oz
- 2 cups of Red wine
- 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 3,4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 whole onion (big)
- 1 whole carrots
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- a little bit of Nutmeg
- a little bit of paprika powder
1. Keep pork feet in the cold water to drain blood out, and then pickle pork feet with salt at least half day. could be for 1 week
2. Wash salted pork feet out with cold water. Cut vegetables into big peaces and stir fly them with EVOO and garlic. Then add pork feet, spice and bay leaf.
3. Add red wine and whole tomato. then cook for at least 3 hours with low heat.
4. If you like its taste, add pink beans and cook for 10 minutes with medium heat. Make sure you don't smash beans as you cook.
5. Once beans are cooked and stew tastes good, its done!
Injury recovery food?
Ligament doesn't have much blood supply, so it takes for a while to heal by itself.
Do I need more collagen? I think I do and don't care how collagen intake works or not. I cook collagen rich meal and try to recover faster!
Pork feet contains a lot of collagen and hondroitin sulfate, which an important structural component of cartilage. I know it does't belong to typical American diet, but African and European people eat them. I got them at Market Basket.
If you don't like its smell, you can cook them with a different pan for boiling.
I loved this dish because remember this taste in Spain. Pork feet stew is served as tapas or second (main dish) at Bar or cafeteria.
Japanese people are crazy about eating collagen rich food for healthy skin. I am easily affected by placebo, so believe its good for my ligament and skin. Just Eat it!
P.S Many people in Japan say "I eat collagen rich food, and my skin gets better next day." Along with glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate has become a widely used supplement. There is no evidence of such effect and protein and collagen synthesis are so complicated. Oral intake of collagen doesn't help collagen synthesis in the body. However, I just eat and believe this meal helps my ligament heal!
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Jan 7, 2017 Venison Steak