Manitas de cerdo guisadas
- 1 pound of Pork feet
- 1 whole tomato can: about 16oz
- 1 can of Pink Beans 16oz
- 2 cups of Red wine
- 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 3,4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 whole onion (big)
- 1 whole carrots
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- a little bit of Nutmeg
- a little bit of paprika powder
1. Keep pork feet in the cold water to drain blood out, and then pickle pork feet with salt at least half day. could be for 1 week
2. Wash salted pork feet out with cold water. Cut vegetables into big peaces and stir fly them with EVOO and garlic. Then add pork feet, spice and bay leaf.
3. Add red wine and whole tomato. then cook for at least 3 hours with low heat.
4. If you like its taste, add pink beans and cook for 10 minutes with medium heat. Make sure you don't smash beans as you cook.
5. Once beans are cooked and stew tastes good, its done!
Injury recovery food.
Ligament doesn't have much blood supply, so it takes for a while to heal by itself.
Do I need more collagen? I think I do and don't care how collagen intake works or not. I cook collagen rich meal and try to recover faster!
Pork feet contains a lot of collagen and hondroitin sulfate, which an important structural component of cartilage. I know it does't belong to typical American diet, but African and European people eat them. I got them at Market Basket.
If you don't like its smell, you can cook them with a different pan for boiling.
I loved this dish because remember this taste in Spain. Pork feet stew is served as tapas or second (main dish) at Bar or cafeteria.
Japanese people are crazy about eating collagen rich food for healthy skin. I am easily affected by placebo, so believe its good for my ligament and skin. Just Eat it!
P.S Many people in Japan say "I eat collagen rich food, and my skin gets better next day." Along with glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate has become a widely used supplement. There is no evidence of such effect and protein and collagen synthesis are so complicated. Oral intake of collagen doesn't help collagen synthesis in the body. However, I just eat and believe this meal helps my ligament heal!