Osso Bucco lamb shank
My week was over after heavy sparring on Saturday. How's everyone's memorial weekend? BBQ? Shopping? Tanning? My teammates were running to the house right after sparring. I'm sure everybody enjoy sunny weekend with family.
Mine was great. I got guest to my place and cooked wine dinner. That was awesome. I love to cook and enjoy time and meal with my family and friends. Seasonal vegetables are so tasty! Let's check out what I made.
We started with light snack before appetizer. Traditional Italian olive bar is always must! Here is interesting dish. I put raspberry jam and pistachio flake on goat cheese. You should try this one.
I am raising basil by window at my apartment, so use them for pesto. Now basil is almost gone, so I hope they will grow up soon. Spring vegetables are so tasty and fantastic with pesto flavor.
Peach is in season, so I marinated them with lemon and EVOO. I sautéed scallop with grass fed butter and served it over peach. Sauce is made of Yuzu (Japanese citrus) condiment, miso, and butter, so it has really strong flavor. Lemon and EVOO makes equalize saltiness and gives you rich flavor.
Main dish was slow cooked lamb shank. The slower you cook, the better dish you have. I cooked lamb with chicken stock and red wine. Sauce is from liquid for brazing. I made sauce from wine and stock juice. Adding a little bit of tomato paste is a secret for this recipe. This is truly mouth watering moist and tender. You don't need knife for this one.
Desert is gluten free, kind, tasty, lovely, arroz con leche, means "rice with milk" in Spanish. I used to eat this every day when I was Spain. I used raw honey for sweetness and added white raisin. My friend brought Hawaian sweets, so I served it together. What a gorgeous desert.
It was a great time with nice food and fine. I hope everyone enjoy sunny weekend.
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison