Lapin Braisé à la Bière
My friends were visiting me from Japan, so I show SOWA boston and we enjoyed weekend there.
At public market in Boston, you can find fresh fruits and vegetables from local. I got some fresh ingredients and brought them to Tatekitchen!
Look these fresh veges! I was so excited to cook them.
Cleaned fresh lobster. I used organ for ravioli. Thats the secret!
I am not professional chef at all, but my friends have given me an uniform and knife so far....
Fresh organic rabbit from local! you know I use everything. Bones are for broth and organs are for sauce.
Debone each part because taste and cooking time are very different each other.
Dark meat for braising with local beer and white meat for grill.
I made ravioli sheet from scratch. Instead of EVOO for regular pasta, I used lard from my guanciale (salted pork cheek meat ). Needless to say, ravioli had so much flavor and tasty.
Cooked lobster guts with grass fed butter and mixed them with lobster meat. I didn't put any salt inside, but put more than usual (like cooking regular pasta) in broth to cook ravioli. Since mint is the key of freshness, put it in chicken broth and cooked ravioli. Lastly emulsified broth with EVOO.
I have cooked a rabbit few years ago and did whole roast then. A lesson from that experience was that rabbit meat is very sensitive and each part has different taste, texture and flavor, so concluded that I should cook them separately. Garnish/ AKA flavorful vegetables are fennel, shallot and leeks from local farms. Those vegetables did amazing job and brought great flavor to both braising beer and mustard cream sauce.
My friend has a family in Harvard, MA and brought craft beer from there. Why not use it for tonight's main dish!? I braised rabbit thigh with beer in a dutch oven and cooked about an hour and half. For tenderloin, I grilled them separately and added cream and mustard to the pan. When mixed sauce into cooked vegetables, it was amazing moment and I was very happy to serve them on plates!
Did you know you can make your own ice cream from scratch within 5 minutes? All you need is ice cream ingredients, tons of ice, salt, ziplock bag. Thats all. I saw a short movie someone was sharing on facebook, so tried it. It was very easy. First, put all ingredients in a ziplock bag. Second, Fill the gallon-size ziplock bag halfway with ice cubes. Sprinkle Kosher salt over the ice cubes. Insert the pint-size bag filled with ingredients into the bag of ice and salt. Seal the gallon-size ziplock bag. Lastly, shake it up! Thats it. I would say around 5 minutes is perfect for thickness and texture. Acai pudding is also super easy. defrost acai pack and soak chia seeds in it. After seeds get thick, add raw honey for sweetness as much as you want (its not my responsibility) Got goji berry for garnish! Well done! Don't you think so?
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison
- Jan 31, 2019 Faisan rôti