Happy New Year 2017 to everyone. Kicking off the new year with home made dinner at TateKitchen! I invited my close friends to my place and did the first Tatekitchen in 2017. Yes, I need to enjoy my food before a fight camp.
The presentation was beautiful as you can see because my friend Mike Daikubara , an Urban Sketcher, made everything fancy and wonderful. What else do I want more? It was excellent food, great companion with friends and great wine. What a great way to start out the year!
Let's see what we had.
You know I make everything from scratch. I know, I know, Im sorry for those who are saying "Hey Tek! Did you eat gluten?", but I am not perfect and let me enjoy my last gluten before a fight camp. Antico Molino Caputo flour from Italy is my choice because Caputo only chooses high quality wheat selected in Italy and abroad with the utmost care. Because it works the wheat to grind slowly to avoid damaging the starches and proteins.
Here is an interesting article about gluten and Caputo flour.
I had the same experience in Italy. Nowdays, if I allow myself to eat conventional gluten, my body gets bloated and I feel sluggish, but that didn't happen to me when I enjoy Italian food in Rome.
My stident gave me venison meat again! Thanks Kirt. I got venison chop at this time. Venison meat is very very lean, so it is difficult to cook them perfect. Grass-fed cultured butter from farmer's market and thyme brought great flavor andmoisture to lean meat. I always make born broth from grass fed beef on weekend, so boiled it down to very thick, and glazed broth sauce with butter and shallot. Behind story.... I forgot to serve my homemade sauerkraut!! I am not happy about main dish presentation.
Anyway, the first Tatekitchen in 2017 was miked! Take a look at his beautiful sketch. Hope WE made you hungry. Cheers.
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison