Make it at home! Tatekitchen has been busy around this time because my wife’s birth day is Jan 31st and Valentine’s day is 2 weeks after, so I have been spoiling my wife with full course dinner to make her happy at the most wonderful time of the year. Cooking makes us warm at least during the coldest season in Boston. How was your valentine’s day?
Many people are trying to figure out how to spend the holiday of love. Whether you are in a relationship or living the single life, Valentine’s Day is one of the best days of the year to enjoy a delicious, special meal. However, anyone that has attempted to dine out on Valentine’s Day knows what a stressful experience it can be. Valentine's Day is the perfect reason to spoil your sweetheart, but I am busy with training and don’t want to spend lots of $$$ for dinner. There are several ways to show you care, and preparing a special meal at home is one of them. You'll get a chance to enjoy a romantic night in, indulge in some of your favorite foods and enjoy some quality time together – all without paying a premium for the experience.
Cooking together can be a fun and romantic way to segue into the evening and enjoy each other's company. Crack open a bottle of wine before getting started with preparations of your special meal for two. I am not good at everything, but I think it is ok if you are doing your best for a special occasion. Whether it's lighting the dining room only with candles or putting together a beautiful centerpiece made with hand-picked flowers, set the mood with creative décor. You can head to your favorite arts and crafts store for inspiration on centerpieces for the dining table.
Preparing a special Valentine's Day meal at home could be just what you need to romance your sweetheart without spending more than planned this month. Use some of these ideas to make for a memorable evening. Tatekitchen made an event out of Valentine's Day dinner at home by serving up several courses for the night, but I didn’t stay at kitchen all day. All you need is preparation and a slow cooker. That’s it! Get things started with an assortment of delicious appetizers that are easy to prepare and won't cost a fortune in ingredients. Once you open bioavailable wine and fancy escagot from whole foods, just serve plates you have been preparing for.
We started with nutrient-enriched, wholesome salad with goodness of sprouted chickpea and beets boost nitric oxide, which is a molecule produced naturally by body and important function for vasodilation, meaning it relaxes the inner muscles of the blood vessels, causing them to widen and increase circulation. Sounds very sexy, doesn’t it?
A traditional Italian staple will help you relax and unwind with your significant other, and a pasta dinner with a light red wine is also easy on the budget. Explore a variety of gourmet pasta dishes you're comfortable cooking up with a handful of ingredients, such as carbonara. Grab a bottle of red wine and settle in for some delicious comfort food made fresh to order. Definitely sea urchin carbonara with homemade guanciale would be my next cheat meal for 100%. I love a classic spaghetti carbonara already, and when you throw Japanese flavors and sea creatures into the mix, it’s almost transcendental. If you prepare ingredients, such as cutting up ingredients and making home made pasta, which needs to be rested for few hours anyway, cooking time would be very short and you don’t have to spend too much time at kitchen or leave dinning table frequently. Meanwhile, main dish is being cooked and this is why you need a slow cooker because once again you don’t have to stay away from a dining table to check an oven, pot or pan.
My main dish turned out delicious, meat was tender and falling off the bone. Lamb shank is Tatekitchen’s favorite. Slowly braised osso bucco in French broth came out nice and tender. Make sure take animals life with full respect and gratitude. This is why I consume happy meat from heads to toes. Using a slow cooker to cook lamb shanks will leave the shank meat ready to melt in your mouth. Although lamb is defined as sheep meat under the age of one year, the shank requires long, slow, moist cooking to make it tender and juicy. Plan to prepare one shank for every person to be served. Use the juices left in the slow cooker as a base for gravy, if desired. Whether you're looking to impress that special someone or just treat yourself to a nice meal, Valentine's Day doesn't need to be a stressful experience. Thanks slow cooker!
You could splurge on decadent ingredients to make the ultimate Valentine's Day treat or pick up a miniature dessert from your favorite bakery. Another option: Keep things simple with homemade chocolate-covered strawberries or an assortment of gourmet chocolates from a specialty chocolatier. Even a small tray of truffles can be enough to satisfy the sweet tooth while giving you an excuse to indulge for the night. Do a chocolate sampling together or enjoy some sweet treats with dark red wine for a gourmet treat. I and my wife are more health conscious than regular people, so I made pliability avocado chocolate moouse, which is so delicious, so healthy, so nutritious, so beautiful, and so pliable.
Happy Valentine’s day to everyone.
- Mar 18, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Bianco
- Mar 19, 2012 Linguine alle Vongole Rosso
- Mar 28, 2012 Luxury Seafood with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Mar 28, 2012 Squid and Sea Urchin with Lemon Pasta
- May 9, 2012 Risotto di Vongole e Fungi
- May 15, 2012 Carbonara
- May 20, 2012 Spring Vegetable with Cream sauce Pasta
- Jun 4, 2012 Homemade Sangria
- Jun 6, 2012 Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Jun 16, 2012 Bolognese with Eggplant
- Jun 16, 2012 Ragu alla Bolognese
- Jul 19, 2012 Lobster Pasta with Tomato Cream Pasta
- Jul 26, 2012 Black ink Pasta with Shrimp and Scallop
- Sep 6, 2012 Shrimp and Eggplant with Spicy tomato
- Sep 7, 2012 Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, Red and Green
- Sep 12, 2012 Pulpo a la Gallega
- Sep 22, 2012 Pate de Fois
- Nov 11, 2012 Pumpkin Carbonara
- Feb 3, 2014 Choux farci au Saumon (Salmon stuffed Cabbage)
- May 8, 2014 Crystal Clear Ramen
- May 15, 2014 Beef achilles
- May 27, 2014 Summer Vegetables Curry
- Jun 9, 2014 Monkfish Risotto
- Jun 16, 2014 Caramelized Pork belly
- Aug 18, 2014 Duck is the best
- Sep 15, 2014 Duck Again!
- Oct 17, 2014 Atelierkitchen Zen
- Jan 14, 2016 Zucchini Pasta
- Jan 21, 2016 Galette for Cheat Meal
- Feb 9, 2016 Atelierkitchen Zen 3
- Feb 21, 2016 Ratatouille
- Feb 24, 2016 COTELETTES D'AGNEAU
- Mar 18, 2016 Detox Pasta
- Mar 27, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 3
- Apr 14, 2016 Sauerkraut
- Apr 16, 2016 Potée
- Apr 21, 2016 Intermittent Fasting
- Apr 28, 2016 Spaghetti Squash
- May 6, 2016 Gluten Free Challenge 4
- May 22, 2016 Le Fromage de Tête
- Jul 1, 2016 Paleo Friendly Plate
- Jul 3, 2016 Meatless Meatball
- Jul 16, 2016 Opus One 2008
- Sep 20, 2016 Lapin Braisé à la Bière
- Oct 16, 2016 Gibier and Bordeaux
- Dec 9, 2016 Beaujolais nouveau & Venison